- This event has passed.
Author PanelThe Work Behind the Words: with Greater Lehigh Valley Writer’s Group (GLVWG)
October 27 @ 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm EDTFree
Dianna Sinovic hosts a group of local authors to discuss the writing process from concept to page.
Regardless of whether we’re reading a story by a seasoned writer or a burgeoning new voice, a great tale keeps us riveted. The narrative and prose sweep us away from the first line to the last. It all appears effortless, but do you ever wonder about the work behind the words? How do writers mold ideas into characters and plots? How much preparation is involved? What happens if they get stuck and can’t move forward?
Dianna Sinovic is a certified book coach who helps writers, no matter their skill level, work toward achieving their goal of writing books worth reading. She serves writers focused on genre fiction (mystery, spec fiction, horror) or narrative memoirs, guiding them through their creative process on a path to either traditional or hybrid publishing.
Michael Stephen Daigle is a writer and journalist who lives in New Jersey with his family. He had an award-winning career in journalism including time at newspapers in Massachusetts, Maine, and New Jersey.
He is the author of the award-winning Frank Nagler Mystery series:
The Swamps of Jersey (2014);
A Game Called Dead (2016) A Runner-up in the 2016 Shelf Unbound Indie Book Awards;
The Weight of Living (2017) First Place for Mysteries in the 2017 Royal Dragonfly Book Contest; Notable 100 Book in the 2018 Shelf Unbound Indie Book Contest; Distinguished Favorite in 2018 Independent Press Awards (2018).
The Red Hand (2019) is a Distinguished Favorite in the 2019 Big NYC Book Contest
Named Second Place winner for mysteries in the 2019 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards
Named a Notable 100 in the 2019 Shelf Unbound Indie Book Awards
Kirkus Reviews: “A winning origin story for one of modern fiction’s expertly drawn detectives.”
- 2017 Journey Book Awards for Narrative Non-Fiction First in Category Winners, Chanticleer Book Review
- 2016 Bronze Winner Readers’ Favorite (Non-Fiction)
- one of IndieReader’s “Best of 2015” top books
- 2015 Honorable Mention Winner in both the Los Angeles and the San Francisco Book Festival and the bestselling, multi-award-winning Broken Pieces, as well as two additional humor books, A Walk In The Snark and Mancode: Exposed.
Phil Giunta is the author of the paranormal mystery novels Testing the Prisoner, By Your Side, and Like Mother, Like Daughters as well as numerous short stories of Paranormal, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mystery, and General Fiction.
He is also the creator and editor of the Middle of Eternity speculative fiction anthology series.
- October 27
10:00 pm - 11:00 pm EDT
- Event Categories:
- academic, author, books, community involvement, education, FREE, free events, journalism, literary, virtual, writers
- Event Tags:
- authors, booksellers, Easton Book Festival, Easton PA, eastonbookfestival, educational, events, free, journalism, lehigh valley, Lehigh Valley events, online, publishing, virtual, writers